Domain, one of our mixed-use developments in West Hollywood, was recently featured in Urbanize L.A. Domain features 166 residential units and approximately 9,000 square feet of ground-level retail and restaurant space.The project is designed to reinforce the existing community framework through four key measures: activating a pedestrian friendly environment with ample landscape, providing private open spaces to encourage social interaction, and creating permeable edges and connections to the street.
Cities should be encouraged to engage developers who build mixed-use developments. Some of the benefits to building mixed-use properties include:
- Encouraging other developments to be built within dense areas
- Creating pedestrian friendly environments
- Linking the street to the building, transit-oriented developments
- Curating a mix of tenants- restaurants, residential, retail, etc.
- Reinforcing existing space to utilize existing buildings